End Dinner with this Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
What’s better than Chocolate & Peanut butter together? DARK Chocolate and peanut butter, of course, both of which have huge resveratrol health benefits. Luckily, these dark chocolate peanut butter cups have just the right amount of rich & sweet from the dark chocolate, and the sprinkled sea salt on top gives the morsels a perfect subtle brightness.
Because this recipe is so simple, with very few ingredients, it’s very important that you use the best quality organic ingredients you can find. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can make your own organic peanut butter. It’s not hard (as long as you have a food processor to do all the word for you).
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Total time: 50 min
Yield: 12 - 14 mini cups
Serving size: 3 mini cups
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
- organic dark chocolate (do not exceed 70%)7 ounces :
- organic peanut butter ½ cup :
- honey (local variety if you can find it) 1 Tbsp :
- Organic vanilla extract 1/2 tsp :
- organic powdered sugar 1 Tbsp :
- organic sea salt 1/4 tsp :
- additional sea salt flakes for sprinkling on top just a pinch :
- Roughly chop chocolate and add to double boiler to melt (a pot of simmering water with a bowl resting on top). Whisk until completely smooth.
- Take your mini muffin pan, line with mini liners (this helps them hold their shape).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of chocolate on to the bottom of each cup - be sure to coat the sides as best you can
- Mix Peanut butter, honey, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt together until smooth to make filling.
- Taking 1 tsp of the Peanut butter filling, and gently roll into a ball. Gently press down so it flattens slightly, and center on top of your chocolate puddle. Repeat for each mini almond butter cup.
- Take about a tsp of your melted chocolate, and cover each ball of Peanut butter. You may need to add a few drops here and there to assure they are completely covered.
- Sprinkle each cup with just a few flakes of sea salt. Place in fridge to set (about 1 hour)